Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Chicken Marsala


I love Chicken Marsala! So, once again I had to give it a shot. Unfortunately, it was not as good as I hoped. It did however taste better the second day. I love leftovers! With all that being said, if I were to make it again I would add some fresh garlic or granulated garlic. I used cooking Marsala & did not use Marsala wine, so I might also try that. But, I found a creamy chicken marsala, so of course I will be trying that before I make this again.

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon basil
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup of flour
1/2 cup Marsala wine
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 cup sliced mushrooms

Mix the flour with the salt, pepper & herbs and cover the chicken breast in this mixture. In a skillet brown the chicken breast with a little of the olive oil on both sides and place in the Crockpot. In the same skillet add the mushrooms & onions to pan with a little olive oil. Cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes. Add the wine to the mushrooms & onions and let heat for about 10 minutes, while tossing and stirring. Pour the sauce over the top of the chicken in the crockpot. Allow to cook on low for 4-6 hours.

Now, if doing it all on the stove top, cover & cook on low for 4-6 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment