Friday, November 19, 2010

Chicken/Tuna Cakes


This recipe was originally for tuna cakes, but since I am allergic to fish I made them with chicken instead. These were a great summer dinner or lunch meal. The leftovers were good too. I wouldn't change a thing, however the hubby wants me to add bacon to it the next time I make them. Went great with a cucumber salad (see separate recipe.)

Serves 6

2 cans (6 oz. each) chicken or tuna in water, drained, flaked
1 pkg. (6 oz.) STOVE TOP Stuffing Mix for Chicken
1 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
3/4 cup water
1 carrot, shredded
1/3 cup Mayonnaise
2 Tbsp. Sweet Pickle Relish ( we don't use pickle relish ever, so I just chopped up dill pickles really finely)

Directions

MIX all ingredients. Refrigerate 10 min.
HEAT large nonstick skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium heat. Use ice cream scoop to add 1/3-cup portions of tuna mixture, in batches, to skillet.
FLATTEN into patties with back of spatula. Cook 6 min. or until golden brown on both sides, carefully turning patties over after 3 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment