Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Pork Chops with Apple Stuffing



A friend of mine told me about a similar recipe, so when I ran across this one, I had to give it a shot. While the pork chops were a little tough, the flavor was really good. I think I will have to try this in the crockpot next time. I also think it would be good made with chicken. Make sure you test the temperature of the pork. My pork chops were an inch thick & it took 15 minutes longer to cook.

Serves 6

1 pkg. (6 oz.) STOVE TOP Stuffing Mix for Chicken
1 can (21 oz.) apple pie filling
6 boneless pork loin chops (1-1/2 lb.), 3/4 inch thick

Heat oven to 375ºF. Prepare stuffing mix as directed on package.
Spread pie filling onto bottom of 13×9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray; top with chops and stuffing. Cover with foil.
Bake 30 min.; uncover. Bake 10 min. or until chops are cooked through (160ºF).

No comments:

Post a Comment