Saturday, September 17, 2011

Porcupine Meatballs


I don't think my quest for trying to "find something different for dinner", will ever end. I think my craving, for something new will always be there. I had never heard of porcupine meatballs, but I guess it is a fairy common recipe. I had leftover rice in the fridge, so I used that instead & omitted the first water. Also used canned tomatoes, because I wanted something more chunky. I served it over mashed potatoes & sauteed up some corn & zucchini to go along with it.


Serves 4-5

1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup chopped onion
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1 pound ground beef
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
1 cup water
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce

Directions

In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Add beef and mix well. shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. In a large skillet, brown meatballs in oil; drain. Combine tomato sauce, water, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce; pour over meatballs. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1

1 comment:

  1. My sister makes these and they were a huge hit at our family reunion this summer! Thanks for the recipe! Now I know what is for dinner tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete