Sunday, January 8, 2012

Potato Soup


Well, I'm not going to say I have the best potato soup recipe, but it does taste pretty tasty. The last time I made it, the girls were fighting & I got distracted & added a can of cream of chicken soup instead of cream of celery. Well, it was a very tasty mistake. Please note, all cream of soups are interchangeable. You can use what your family likes. I really like to have bread to mop up the "sauce" that is left over in the bowl.

Serves: 5-6

1 medium onion; diced
2 ribs of celery; diced
1 tablespoon veg. oil
1 can cream of chicken soup
2 cups chicken stock
1 cup 1/2 & 1/2 or milk
5-6 baking potatoes; peeled & diced
4 oz velveeta cheese, chunked

Garnish (optional)
Cheddar cheese
Green onion
Bacon (I really recommend the bacon)

Saute the onion & celery in the vegetable oil until soft, about 4-5 minutes. Add cream of soup, chicken stock & 1/2 & 1/2 or milk & potatoes. Simmer until potatoes are soft or just firm to the bite. Add velveeta cheese, serve once cheese is melted. Top with cheddar cheese, onion & bacon & maybe some cheese-it's if you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment