Monday, June 21, 2010

Black Pepper Beef and Cabbage Stir Fry


This is yet another quick fix meal. It is a very simple stir fry type dish. Isabel who is 18 months will also eat some of this one. Serve with rice. Serves 4.

2 Tablespoons veg oil
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1 pound ground beef
1/2 small head of cabbage, shredded (I use the bagged cole slaw mix a lot of times)
1 red bell pepper, cut into stripes (the red is just for color, you could use green for a better budget friendly meal)
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1/2 cup water
1/2 teaspoon black pepper

Heat wok or large skillet over med-high heat, and add oil. Saute garlic for 5-10 seconds, the add ground beef. Cook beef until evenly browned, drain off fat.  Stir in cabbage & bell pepper, cook until vegetables are tender. Combine soy sauce, cornstarch & water, and stir into beef mixture. Season with pepper. Cook, stirring until sauce has thickened (about 5-8 minutes).

Note- sometimes I add some chopped baby carrots depending on my mood & of course depending on what is in the fridge.

1 comment:

  1. I made this tonight....fantastic! I think I did cook the cabbage too long. I'll be more prepared next time.

    ReplyDelete