Monday, March 19, 2012

Gyro Burgers





Well, for use finding recipes that are meat free to use during lent is hard. You can't just say, "well, lets cook up some fish" since I cant eat it. So, when I ran across this recipe. I wanted to give it a shot. I am glad I did. It was really good. I wouldn't say it was the most filling dish (probably could have eaten 1.5), but the flavors are good! Chips, onion rings or tater-tots make a great addition to this.


Serves 4
4 frozen BOCA Brushetta Burgers
1/2 cup Sour Cream
1 clove garlic, minced
4 foldable pita breads or flat breads
2 plum tomatoes, sliced
1 cup shredded lettuce
1/2 cup chopped cucumbers
1/4 cup crumbled Feta Cheese

HEAT grill to medium heat.

GRILL burgers 8 min. or until cooked through (160ºF), turning after 4 min.

MEANWHILE, mix sour cream, garlic and cucumbers until blended.

CUT burgers in half. Top pitas with tomatoes, lettuce, cucumber cream sauce, burgers and cheese; fold in half.

1 comment:

  1. this sounds yummy and fast, I can not wait to try it for lunch soon!

    ReplyDelete